At Data Recovery Labs, you desktop data loss is only temporary and we prove it daily with our industry-high data recovery success rates. Each data loss situation is unique. We handle every kind of data loss - from simple to the most complex and catastrophic data loss situations, including natural disasters, system crashes, hardware failure, accidental deletion, forgotten or lost passwords, viruses, and more:
- Scratched Platters Using innovative techniques we can treat, the read/write heads scratching of a hard drive, or rotational scoring.
- Read/Write Head Failure Despite the reason of a head failure, we can retrieve the lost data.
- Spindle Motor Failure If the motor that spins the platters to read data fails, the drive essentially will not spin up and data can be permanently lost. Our engineers have the expertise to recover data from mechanically failed hard drives.
- Electrical Surges If a system is plugged in during a power outage, even a short surge can shut it down improperly causing the device to fail.
- Corrupted Data When a computer is infected with a virus or shut down incorrectly, data can be corrupted and become inaccessible. We have the tools to restore it back to normal.
- Human Error Sometimes improper system restoration, reformatting, file deletion or action taken during forensic investigation can lead to data loss. We can help restore your data regardless of case complexity.
In case of desktop failure
- Power off computer immediately - further operation may cause permanent data loss
- Do not restart PC
- Do not install any software / programs
- Do not attempt to open, disassemble, or clean a suspected damaged hard drive
- Do not use file recovery or other utility software to attempt repair for a damaged or failed drive
- Do not attempt to dry any liquid damage
- Contact data recovery experts for help
Following these tips should increase the likelihood of successful desktop recovery.