Expert Mobile Device Recovery from any Make or Operating System
Recovery services for smartphones, tablets, music players, GPS, SIM-cards, and virtually all mobile devices
Data Recovery Labs engineers specialize in data recovery from both physically and logically damaged mobile devices. We restore data from water-damaged smartphones, password-protected mobile devices, and devices with broken screens. Our data specialists also, routinely recover devices with corrupted operating system after software updates or unintentional file deletion. No matter the cause of the damage, we can help you restore your data quickly, securely, and cost-effectively from any type of mobile device:
Mobile data recovered
- Text messages / SMS (sent, received, or deleted)
- Lost emails (drafts, inbox, outbox, or deleted)
- Call history (dialed, received, call duration and times)
- Stored phonebook contacts
- Audio recordings
- Social media and chat applications
- Other files
Smartphone Data Recovery Process
Although your phone might appear to be a single storage device, depending on the manufacturer of your phone and its setup data can be stored quite differently. Apple devices with the iOS architecture store data entirely on their internal memory, called the NAND flash memory. Unlike Apple iOS the Android platform can have different types of internal data storage such as NAND memory (eMMC or eMCP chip), Micro SD cards, and SIM cards. So, if your phone has a microSD card in addition to its internal flash memory, your graphics maybe stored to the SD card, and the rest of the data such as text messages, emails and contacts may be saved to eMMC chip.
Our engineers are able to physically fix and recover data practically, from any severely damaged device without powering it on. When the mobile data is lost, in most cases the device has to be taken apart, in order to access the eMMC or eMCP chip. Once the phone has been dissembled the chip can imaged with a chip reader. If, for whatever reason, the memory chip cannot be detached from the motherboard, our engineers can use the JTAG data extraction technique. Although not always available, as many manufacturers disable JTAG access, it is a highly-effective mobile recovery method. Utilizing this method, wires are connected to specific contact points on the motherboard, leading to the chip. Once we have access to the chip, the data can be retrieved in a fast and secure manner.
When you lose your mobile data
- Immediately turn off the device and do not attempt to power it on. If your device has been damaged by water, remove the battery and keep the power off.
- Contact professional mobile recovery company. It is crucial to choose the right mobile recovery company for getting your files back the first time, as subsequent recovery attempts can be less successful.
- Please note that attempting to use commercially available recovery software can lead to permanent data loss. Most readily-available recovery solutions cannot salvage the device without turning it on. This action alone can overwrite all live objects and can lead to dire consequences.