Because of their portability physically damaged external drives are rather common data loss cases. In fact, the majority of such cases received at our lab for recovery are result of a fall or drop. External hard drives are also not immune to traditional drives data loss scenarios such as human error, computer viruses, natural disasters, and other failure types:
with our No Data, No Charge guarantee
Increase Your Data Recovery Chances
- Power off your external hard drive to prevent unrecoverable damage.
- If your drive is making strange mechanical noises, any further operation of the device can lead to permanent data loss.
- To avoid any accidental data overwrites, do not try to use DIY software.
- If you are missing any files, your data went raw, or you simply deleted a document by accident, contact a data recovery expert to maximize your data recovery chances.
- If you experience hard drive water damage, do NOT try to dry the device.
- Drying a wet hard drive can cause permanent damage due to a corrosion process. Instead place it into an air-tight plastic bag and ship it to Data Recovery Labs. Contact us for shipping instructions.
Start Recovering Your Data with the First Contact
Submit QUOTE REQUEST and our digital data specialist will contact you with a free, no-obligation consultation to:
- Confirm your hardware, virtualization software configuration and backup system
- Assess the data loss scenario and possible failure reasons
- Provide advice to prevent further data loss
- Advise on next steps for the best and most cost-effective data recovery solution